STAMFORD, Conn., March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications today released the following statement in response to FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler's announcement regarding his proposal to limit joint retransmission consent negotiations.
"The chief factor in rising cable rates for consumers is the increasing cost of programming. Broadcasters jointly negotiating retransmission consent agreements has contributed not only to increased rates for consumers but also the number and severity of programming blackouts. Chairman Wheeler's proposal is a sensible way to ensure consumers are not held hostage by unfair collusion by broadcasters. We applaud this action and wholeheartedly support the efforts of the FCC to address this issue in a way that will directly and positively impact consumers."
About CharterCharter (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter TV® video entertainment programming, Charter Internet® access, and Charter Phone®. Charter Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter's advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media® brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV