At the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain on Feb. 24 McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel, announced a full-featured version of its award-winning McAfee Mobile Security is now available at no cost in 30 languages, as part of an Intel initiative to make security a more integrated part of the consumer experience. McAfee also recently launched McAfee Mobile Security for Apple's (AAPL) iOS operating system, which is also available free of charge.
The free versions are an introduction to the other, more robust versions of McAffee's Mobile Security, which come with an affordable pricing structure.
The mobile device security that Intel gives away will lead to many millions of dollars of sales of the not-for-free, more sophisticated versions, which will add to the company's bottom line during the remaining quarters in 2014.
So will those wearable products that were previewed last month, including an earpiece and smartwatch, that will run on Intel's the next generation of its Quark chips. "We have a strong line," Krzanich said Wednesday, hinting at a "series of announcements" forthcoming. "You can expect a lot more wearable products this year."
This all adds up to the likelihood of increasing revenue, sales profits and bottom-line EPS growth for the innovative tech titan. That should help increase Intel's free cash flow. I'm expecting that much-awaited dividend increase will be announced sooner rather than later.
At the time of publication the author had positions in INTC, AAPL and GOOG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV