ATLANTA, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- InterContinental Hotels Group PLC ( IHG®), one of the world's leading hotel companies, has been named to FORTUNE Magazine's 2014 " World's Most Admired Companies" list*. Celebrating ten years as a standalone hotel company, this is IHG's first-ever recognition on this list. IHG was ranked fourth in the Hotels, Casinos and Resorts Industry Category. And with a portfolio of more than 4,700 hotels and 687,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries and territories, IHG led its industry category on the 'Global Competitiveness' key attribute.
Kirk Kinsell, President of IHG's Americas business commented: "Being among FORTUNE's "World's Most Admired Companies" is thanks to the more than 350,000 employees around the world who bring our nine brands to life; guests who spend more than 161 million nights in our hotels each year; owners who are loyal to building and growing with the IHG family of brands; and shareholders who are committed to our financial success. This recognition is further validation that we are delivering on our core purpose of creating Great Hotels Guests Love®."
IHG ranked third in its industry on the key attributes of 'Social Responsibility' and 'Use of Corporate Assets,' reinforcing the company's commitment to being a responsible business and consistently executing on its strategy to be the first choice for hotel guests and owners while returning value to shareholders.
Kinsell added: "We are proud of our achievements in these areas. Our people and our brands are our best assets. No other company has the talented people that we do or our diverse portfolio of well-loved hotel brands. We are well-positioned for the competitive road ahead with these resources, as well as by maintaining our focus on doing business responsibly and creating a more sustainable environment and communities around the world."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV