It seems as if Old Man Winter has the entire country in its icy grip this year with no letup in sight. Wave after wave of ice storms, blizzards and freezing cold have battered the East Coast from Washington, D.C., to New England, creating a record year of power outages, stranded commuters, closed businesses and overall gridlock in places that typically don’t experience this kind of severe winter weather. As a result, being without power in dangerously low temps and with impassable roads for any amount of time can be dangerous and costly, especially to a small-business owner.
According to the Economic Benefits of Increasing Electric Grid Resilience to Weather Outages report from the Office of the President 2013, “Severe weather is the leading cause of power outages in the United States. Between 2003 and 2012, an estimated 679 widespread power outages occurred due to severe weather. Power outages cost the economy billions of dollars.”
“Our region is enduring winter weather and power outages and closures unlike anything most of us have ever experienced. In extended power outages businesses face potential financial losses and safety concerns,” said Vivek S. Malapati, Segment Leader- Residential and Light Commercial for Cummins Power Generation, “Being prepared is the key to solving power supply issues during severe weather. A proactive business owner who wants the peace of mind and assured business continuity that comes with a reliable source of electricity should consider installing a permanent standby generator.”
Why install a permanent standby power system?First and foremost, a permanently installed system is automatic. Once the utility power goes out a backup system is already in place and begins working within 10 seconds. No waiting in lines for equipment, fuel and other potentially limited resources, or worrying about loss of inventory due to refrigeration issues.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV