A Five-Year-Old Bull
It may be hard to believe, but the bull market is already turning five years old, and Cramer took time out to celebrate the 170% gain the markets have seen since their lows in March of 2009.
As with any bull market, there are always plenty of bears touting that the end is near. Cramer said it would be easy to say the market's on its last legs and overstayed its welcome, but he's not joining in on the negativity and remains focused on stocks that offer a good risk reward.
What are the bears fretting over? Cramer said it could be anything -- from the overvalued cult stocks to the over-hyped cloud computing sector to the slowdown in retail or housing.Cramer said that it's true that some sectors in the market are indeed frothy, but as he says at the beginning of every show, "there's always a bull market somewhere" -- and he's here every night to help us find it.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Chelsea Therapeutics (CHTP) and Zynga (ZNGA). Cramer was bearish on Solazyme (SZYM), Retrophin (RTRX), InvenSense (INVN) and Bob Evans Farms (BOBE).
Executive Decision: Peter GassnerFor his second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Peter Gassner, co-founder and CEO of Veeva Systems (VEEV), a stock that's been hit hard since it last reported earnings. Gassner explained that Veeva brings cloud-based applications to life science companies, helping to take a $1.6 trillion industry away from inefficient client-server-based software and into an easier-to-use and more cost-effective way of doing business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV