By late morning, shares had taken off 10.1% to $2.86.
In the 12 months to December, the outdoor advertising specialist reported revenue 5% lower than the year earlier. Sales of $272.3 million fell short of analysts' estimates by $360,000, according to surveys by Thomson Reuters.
The Beijing-based firm posted an adjusted net loss of 14 cents a share, a wider margin than the 13-cents-a-share loss analysts had expected.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates AIRMEDIA GROUP INC -ADS as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AIRMEDIA GROUP INC -ADS (AMCN) a SELL. This is driven by some concerns, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AMCN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV