For its fourth quarter Infosonics posted earnings of 1 cents a share. Revenue rose 40% from the year ago quarter to $11.9 million from $8.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
"We are pleased to report a second consecutive quarter of profitability," president and CEO Joseph Ram said in a statement. "Sales in the fourth quarter grew 40% over the same quarter last year, gross profit grew 48% and operating expenses declined by 26%. It was a record quarter for verykool® products in terms of both sales dollars and units shipped. "
The company saw verykool product unit shipments increase by 96% in 2013 when compared to 2012, with over 1.9 million units shipped in 2013. Infosonics is seeing increasing demand for smartphones, and is adjusting its product portfolio to fit that demand according to Ram.Ram also said Infosonics plans to increase sales efforts in the U.S. in 2014. Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates INFOSONICS CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate INFOSONICS CORP (IFON) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- IFON's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 83.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- IFON has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- INFOSONICS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable Earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. During the past fiscal year, INFOSONICS CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.17 versus -$0.18 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for INFOSONICS CORP is rather low; currently it is at 19.11%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.34% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$4.47 million or 308.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: IFON Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.