By midmorning, shares had taken off 6% to $37.06.
The internet radio provider said listener hours for February were 1.51 billion, an increase of 9% on the year-ago period. However, that came in at a slower pace of growth than in December and January which both saw increases of 13%.
The company ended February with 75.3 million active listeners, an 11% increase, but less than 13% and 12% in December and January, respectively.The Oakland, Calif.-based business also said it will discontinue its monthly disclosure of audience metrics in June 2014 (covering May's numbers). "Given recent changes in the marketplace, including Triton Digital's Webcast Metrics Local recently achieving Media Rating Council Accreditation, Pandora believes advertisers can now access the necessary tools to make accurate side-by-side comparisons," the company said in a statement. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV