Loews Corporation Stock Downgraded (L)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- LOEWS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LOEWS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.53 versus $1.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.70 versus $1.53).
- The gross profit margin for LOEWS CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.52%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, L's net profit margin of -5.08% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 518.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$32.00 million to -$198.00 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts