BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The week's not over yet, but already, the first few trading sessions of March have brought some wide-ranging price action.
Between the big drop on Monday, the "just kidding" breakout to new highs that stocks followed up with on Tuesday, and then yesterday's flat session, investors haven't gotten much of a hint so far at which direction the big indices are set to move in for March.Today's macro-driven shove higher might help settle things, though. With another test of new highs first thing this morning, March is providing some continuation of February's straight-up bounce higher (more on that in a minute). To take advantage of that bullish sentiment this week, we're hunting out a new set of must-see technical trading setups in five big-name charts. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>Must-See Charts: 5 Ways to Trade the Ukraine Crisis Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV