Grupo Televisa S.A.B (TV) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Grupo Televisa S.A.B (TV) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Grupo Televisa S.A.B as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.0 million.
- TV has traded 41,231 shares today.
- TV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TV NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on TV: Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. operates as a media company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. TV has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Grupo Televisa S.A.B a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.The average volume for Grupo Televisa S.A.B has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Grupo Televisa S.A.B has a market cap of $16.9 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are down 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Grupo Televisa S.A.B as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.95, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.12, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 46.43% is the gross profit margin for GRUPO TELEVISA SAB which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TV's net profit margin of 11.47% compares favorably to the industry average.
- GRUPO TELEVISA SAB's earnings per share declined by 15.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GRUPO TELEVISA SAB reported lower earnings of $1.15 versus $1.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.17 versus $1.15).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa S.A.B Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV