Renren (RENN) Showing Signs Of Perilous Reversal Today
- RENN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.6 million.
- RENN has traded 350,569 shares today.
- RENN is down 6.9% today.
- RENN was up 22.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RENN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RENN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RENN: Renren Inc. operates a social networking Internet platform in the People's Republic of China. Currently there are no analysts that rate Renren a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Renren has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Renren has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 16.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Renren as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RENREN INC -ADR has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RENREN INC -ADR swung to a loss, reporting -$0.19 versus $0.11 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 21.1% in earnings (-$0.23 versus -$0.19).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 60.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$15.40 million to -$24.63 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, RENREN INC -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- RENN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.6%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Renren Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts