Stock To Watch: Phoenix New Media (FENG) In Perilous Reversal
- FENG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.0 million.
- FENG has traded 135,244 shares today.
- FENG is down 4.9% today.
- FENG was up 10.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FENG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FENG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FENG: Phoenix New Media Limited provides content on an integrated platform across Internet, mobile, and TV channels in the People's Republic of China. FENG has a PE ratio of 51.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Phoenix New Media a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Phoenix New Media has been 954,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Phoenix New Media has a market cap of $838.8 million and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 13% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Phoenix New Media as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- FENG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.03, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- PHOENIX NEW MEDIA LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, PHOENIX NEW MEDIA LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.59 versus $0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.03 versus $0.59).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 206.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.58 million to $14.04 million.
- You can view the full Phoenix New Media Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts