AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V. (NYSE: AVG), The Online Security Company for 177 million active users, today announced its participation in the Connected Car Pavilion during the week of the South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Interactive Festival.
With a focus on how technology is transforming today's driving experience, and how technology will change the way you communicate with your car and how it communicates with the world, the Connected Car Pavilion will feature panel discussions with automotive and technology innovators exploring the future of the connected car. AVG's Chief Marketing Officer, Judith Bitterli, will be a member of the "The Car Hacks are Coming" panel on Saturday, March 8 in Austin, Texas.
"By 2020, it's expected that 50 billion devices and things will be connected online - from TV's, to refrigerators, to yes, even cars will be online collecting and transmitting data all the time. Security and privacy concerns are only going to increase," said Judith Bitterli, CMO AVG Technologies. "We see a car's entertainment and navigation console as another screen that needs the same security that we're already providing for devices. Now that the connected car is more of a reality, it's important that drivers and passengers have the opportunity to enjoy that same peace of mind. We can start taking action by talking about possible threats in an open dialogue with fellow technology innovators and car manufacturers and SXSW is the perfect arena for that."
"The Car Hacks are Coming – How the Auto Industry Can Safeguard Connected Cars" is from 2:15pm CST – 3:00pm CST on Saturday, March 8 th at the Connected Car Pavilion, 101 Red River, Austin, TX 78701. In addition to Bitterli, participants include:
- Moderator Mike Courtney, Principal, Aperio Insights
- Panelist Karl Heimer, Senior Research Director, Cyber Innovation Unit, Battelle
- Panelist Damon McCoy, Assistant Professor, Computer Science Department, George Mason University
- Panelist Catherine McCullough, Executive Director, Intelligent Car Coalition
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV