Major League Soccer today announced a multi-year sponsorship deal with Capri Sun and Kraft Foods. Under the terms of the new agreement, Capri Sun becomes the official juice drink of MLS. Other participating Kraft brands include Kool-Aid, Country Time Lemonade and Tang, which will activate in stores nationwide.
Under the agreement, Capri Sun will harness MLS intellectual property to foster connections with soccer fans across the country, including several grassroots extensions like youth soccer clinics throughout the United States. Capri Sun will also utilize select MLS players as part of their ongoing Capri Sun Kids vs. Pros campaign, and will feature MLS players on-pack during the “back to school” timeframe.
“We’re so pleased to partner with a premier property like MLS whose values are consistent with our own,” said Greg Guidotti, Senior Director of Refreshment Beverages for Kraft Foods. “Soccer is the first sport that many of us play as kids, and the sport teaches us the importance of teamwork, being active and pushing your own physical boundaries. MLS has played a seminal role in the growth and popularity of soccer across the U.S. – and bringing soccer to the forefront of sport. Several of our beverages, specifically Capri Sun, are found on the ‘sidelines’ of so many soccer matches. It’s honestly a natural fit for us.”
"We are excited to welcome Kraft Beverages to the MLS family," said David Wright, senior vice president of global sponsorship for MLS. "MLS’ grassroots extensions have become an important component to the growth of the League and Kraft Beverages has elected to take a leadership position within that ever-growing space. We look forward to partnering with Kraft Beverages for many years to come."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV