NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tiffany & Co. (TIF) has received a Citigroup upgrade on Thursday to "buy" from "neutral" with a $110 price target. Analysts said new management and design teams can deliver better sales growth.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks
------------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates TIFFANY & CO as a Buy with a ratings score of A. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate TIFFANY & CO (TIF) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.36, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.07, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for TIFFANY & CO is rather high; currently it is at 62.00%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.37% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $85.05 million or 7.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.83%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 49.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $63.18 million to $94.61 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TIF Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV