Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, announced today new metrics that were reached in the month of February 2014.
- Listener hours for Pandora during the month of February 2014 were 1.51 billion, an increase of 9% from 1.38 billion during the same period last year.
- Share of total U.S. radio listening for Pandora in February 2014 was 8.91%, an increase from 8.25% at the same time last year.
- Active listeners were 75.3 million at the end of February 2014, an increase of 11% from 67.7 million during the same time period last year.
Pandora intends to discontinue its monthly disclosure of key audience metrics. The final monthly release will be provided in June 2014 (covering audience metrics for May 2014). The company's standard practice of providing listener metrics on a quarterly basis will continue unchanged.
To help advertisers make informed buying decisions, Pandora began monthly disclosure of information regarding users and usage in March 2012. The company has also expressed public support for respected third parties to initiate measurement activities across all forms of radio. Given recent changes in the marketplace, including Triton Digital’s Webcast Metrics Local recently achieving Media Rating Council Accreditation, Pandora believes advertisers can now access the necessary tools to make accurate side-by-side comparisons.
ABOUT PANDORAPandora (NYSE: P) gives people music and comedy they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song, or genre. The Music Genome Project ®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora ® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of more than one million tracks. Tens of millions of people turn on Pandora every month to hear music they love. www.pandora.com
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts