Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) and Chardon Area Schools today announced the launch of the SchoolSAFE Solution, providing school district staff with an instantaneous link to first responders in the event of an emergency. Officials from Motorola and SchoolSAFE are conducting interoperable radio training today with Chardon Schools’ staff and local public safety officials to review communications procedures and best practices in incident control.
The SchoolSAFE Solution software enables interoperable radio communications between school personnel and first responders and is in compliance with guidelines set by the National Incident Management System (NIMS). The area schools’ new system will automatically link the Motorola ASTRO™25 and MOTOTRBO™ radios used by school personnel with 9-1-1 dispatch center and public safety radios used by local and state first responders on their Project 25 interoperable network. This mission-critical communications link will help Chardon Schools implement comprehensive school safety planning and training, along with a quicker and more efficient response by school safety personnel to all emergencies.
- Approximately 250 radios equipped with the SchoolSAFE Solution have been provided to personnel at 10 Chardon Area Schools. Additionally, the system will allow individual schools to communicate with each other for inter-school and district-wide interoperable radio communications.
- This level of communications interoperability with local first responders enables Chardon Area Schools to meet and exceed current school safety requirements.
- The State of Ohio uses the statewide MARCS public safety radio system, developed by Motorola, for interoperable communications throughout the state. In collaboration with Motorola, MARCS developed what is known as the MARCS In-School Radio System providing mission critical voice and data services to over 700 user agencies. More than 40,000 subscribers benefit with highly reliable, shared communications services from the 218 radio tower sites deployed statewide.
SUPPORTING QUOTESMichael P. Hanlon, Jr., Ph.D., Superintendent, Chardon Local Schools “School districts continue to identify methods that can improve the flow of information between first responders and on-site school personnel in case of an emergency. The Chardon Local Schools are pleased to have been selected by Motorola Solutions and SchoolSAFE for the implementation of this program, and appreciate the strong relationship we have with our local government officials and first responders. This positive working relationship and the addition of the newly-developed SchoolSAFE technology will enhance our ability to offer a safe and secure school environment within the Chardon Schools.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts