AES Energy Storage today introduced AES Advancion, a complete battery-based grid resource – delivering the services expected from peaking power plants, with added benefits. Advancion is the fourth generation of AES-designed grid energy storage solutions and is now offered to utility companies and renewable developers in select markets. The offering incorporates six years of commercial experience developing, owning and operating storage assets, bringing utility buyers a smart, cost-competitive solution within established industry business models. With 200 MW of storage resources deployed and in construction and over 1.5 million MW-h of service delivered, AES is an established leader in providing dependable grid-scale energy storage solutions to utilities and power markets.
“Looking at the challenges faced by utilities and power markets today, we developed a complete and cost-effective battery-based solution for power reliability,” said Chris Shelton, President, AES Energy Storage. “The Advancion storage offering is a natural extension of our business platforms, serving utilities, power systems, and their customers.”
Advancion acts as both a generation and load resource, enabling more than twice the flexible range of a peaker plant on the same size interconnection. It is continuously available without burning fuel and was designed with the ability to tap into existing unused capacity from efficient natural gas combined cycle power plants, solar and wind facilities. Unlike traditional power plants, Advancion arrays can scale over time with the ability to match required load growth in lock step.
About AES AdvancionThere are three components of the AES Advancion storage offering:
- Advancion Battery Array: A comprehensive technical foundation comprised of AES-certified battery technology and power conversion equipment, Advancion Controls, patented Advancion Application Agents, and safety and climate systems .
- Planning and Deployment Service: The turnkey delivery of Advancion arrays, from siting and permitting, to interconnection and facility design, and fully managed engineering, procurement and construction.
- Operations and Maintenance Service: Operations, safety, and maintenance management services, built on AES’ energy storage track record – delivering safe, reliable performance for customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV