Phase 1b/2 Data From MD Anderson Sponsored Study of Vosaroxin in AML and High-Risk MDS to be Presented at the AACR Annual Meeting 2014 Sunesis to Host Conference Call Today at 11:00AM Eastern Time
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., March 6, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNSS) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2013. Loss from operations for the three months and year ended December 31, 2013 was $7.6 million and $31.8 million, respectively. As of December 31, 2013, cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities totaled $39.3 million. On March 4, 2014, Sunesis closed an underwritten public offering for net proceeds of approximately $40.0 million.
Sunesis also announced today that updated data from the ongoing Phase 1b/2 University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center-sponsored study of vosaroxin in combination with decitabine in older patients with previously untreated acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and high-risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) will be presented at the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2014 (AACR) on April 8 in San Diego, California. The abstract (#CT307), which includes preliminary results, can be found on the AACR website."Vosaroxin is one of the most advanced and promising therapies in development for AML today, and with a transformative year ahead, we will look to realize its ability to change the global standard of care in this disease," said Daniel Swisher, Chief Executive Officer of Sunesis. "This goal centers on the unblinding of VALOR, expected in the third quarter of 2014, and will be supported by data from investigator- and company-sponsored trials, beginning with the MD Anderson-sponsored Phase 1b/2 study presentation at AACR in April. A positive VALOR data readout will begin Sunesis' transition from a development-stage to a commercial-ready company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV