KKR, a leading global investment firm, announced it is further expanding its global Energy & Infrastructure business in Asia with the appointment of Tony Schultz, former Managing Director at EIG in Sydney, where he focused on energy, metals and mining investments in Asia Pacific, to serve as Managing Director in Sydney. Ash Upadhyaya, a Director on KKR’s Energy & Infrastructure team in the U.S. who joined KKR in 2011, will relocate to Singapore. Both bring extensive investment experience to the region.
“KKR aims to create a unique offering in the energy, infrastructure and natural resources market, and part of that comes from combining our local geographic knowledge with industry expertise,” said Joe Bae, Head of KKR Asia, and Marc Lipschultz, Global Head of Energy & Infrastructure. “We are very pleased to have Tony and Ash leading this effort in Asia.”
KKR has been an active investor in the energy and infrastructure sectors for nearly three decades. Today, KKR’s investments span the globe and cover the full energy supply chain, including energy, infrastructure and mining. The global team identifies investment opportunities based on themes surrounding global growth and urbanization, which has created unprecedented demand for the development of infrastructure and all forms of energy.
“We are building our team in Asia Pacific to have the flexibility to work up and down a capital structure to provide solutions,” said Justin Reizes, Head of KKR Australia. “Tony and Ash will be working on energy, resources and infrastructure in Australia and Asia and will be part of a global team looking at metals and mining opportunities around the world.”KKR today manages investments in energy and infrastructure, including oilfield services, petroleum, shale gas, social infrastructure, renewable energy and utilities assets in markets such as France, the Netherlands, Spain, the United Kingdom and North America.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV