Shares of H&R Block were gaining 0.5% to $31.29 in after-hours trading.
The quarterly dividend is in line with the company's previous. The dividend is payable on April 1 to all shareholders of record as of the close of business March 17. The ex-dividend date is set for March 13.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates BLOCK H & R INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate BLOCK H & R INC (HRB) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HRB's share price has jumped by 27.37%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HRB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$173.63 million or 10.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, BLOCK H & R INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -107.31%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- BLOCK H & R INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLOCK H & R INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.20 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.3% in earnings ($1.70 versus $1.70).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Diversified Consumer Services industry average. The net income increased by 0.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$105.24 million to -$104.94 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HRB Ratings Report