The analyst firm raised its rating for the software company to "outperform" from "market perform." Shares of the company rose to above $20 for the first time since Nov. 6, 2013 as a result of the afternoon upgrade.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, AVG TECHNOLOGIES NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for AVG TECHNOLOGIES NV is currently very high, coming in at 89.01%. Regardless of AVG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AVG's net profit margin of 12.59% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $32.95 million or 20.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.27 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.32, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AVG Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts