By market close, shares had added 4.5% to $32.95.
The Chile-based agricultural fertilizer producer reported net income of 26 cents a share in the three months to December. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters anticipated 32 cents a share.
Revenue of $492.21 million exceeded consensus by $11.66 million.The company also said its board would maintain its dividend policy, paying 50% of the distributable net income obtained over fiscal 2013. Subject to shareholder approval at the annual meeting on April 25, the company will distribute a final dividend of 88.738 cents a share. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates SOC QUIMICA Y MINERA DE CHI as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SOC QUIMICA Y MINERA DE CHI (SQM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SQM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV