As the weather gets warmer, more than 60 million 1 Americans who suffer from seasonal allergies will begin to feel the impact. Beyond sneezing and congestion, symptoms of allergies are the cause of more than two million school days and four million work days lost each year 2. To ease management of allergies this season, Sam’s Club hosts free allergy and health screenings to members and visitors at Sam’s Club locations with a pharmacy (584 locations), Saturday, March 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
While supplies last, free in-club health screenings are valued at up to $200 and include:
- Allergy IgE screening: An elevated level of total Immunoglobin E (IgE) may indicate an allergy or parasitic infection is present. This test is useful in predicting positive results of allergen-specific tests for the common allergens such as pollen, dust or pet dander, and certain parasitic infections.
- Blood pressure
- Body mass index (BMI)
- Vision, where allowed by state law
“Seasonal allergies can be the source of distress and discomfort to millions, particularly as flowers and trees bloom,” said Jill Turner-Mitchael, senior vice president, Sam’s Club Health and Wellness. “Our screening program helps Sam’s Club pharmacy patients pinpoint allergy causes, prevent symptoms and actively maintain daily wellness at an amazing savings.”
In addition to allergy screenings, Sam’s Club pharmacies (584) offer year-round immunizations for adults ages 18 and above. Licensed pharmacists can administer walk-in flu shots and nine important immunizations recommended to help protect against serious diseases like pneumonia, shingles and whooping cough. Businesses near Sam’s Club locations can schedule on-site immunizations clinics with Sam’s Club pharmacists, also.Sam’s Club Pharmacy provides savings and preventive care to each community it serves. Sam’s Club offers $4/$10 generic prescription prices to the public, and Sam’s Plus and Sam’s Business members receive an additional 8 percent savings on name-brand prescriptions, 40 percent savings on generics not part of the $4/$10 generic prescription program, and access to more savings through the Extra Value Drug Program, featuring 10 to 30 percent savings on select name-brand and generic prescriptions. Restrictions may apply. Information about all of the Sam’s Club health and wellness offerings can be found at SamsClub.com and in the Sam’s Club exclusive bi-monthly wellness magazine, Healthy Living Made Simple, which reaches approximately eight million members. About Sam’s Club ® Sam’s Club®, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is a leading membership warehouse club offering savings and surprises to millions of members in 634 U.S. club locations and at SamsClub.com. Sam’s Club members averaged savings of 33 percent versus traditional retailers. To learn more about Savings Made Simple ®, visit the Sam’s Club Newsroom, shop at SamsClub.com, and interact with Sam’s Club on Twitter and Facebook. 1 Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. “Allergy Facts and Figures – Prevalence.” http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=30 . 2 Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. “Allergy Facts and Figures – Social and Economic Costs.” http://www.aafa.org/display.cfm?id=9&sub=30 .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV