Today's Dead Cat Bounce Stock Is Dendreon (DNDN)
- DNDN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.9 million.
- DNDN has traded 3.7 million shares today.
- DNDN is up 3.3% today.
- DNDN was down 7.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DNDN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DNDN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DNDN: Dendreon Corporation, a biotechnology company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapeutics to enhance cancer treatment options for patients. Currently there are no analysts that rate Dendreon a buy, 8 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dendreon has been 4.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dendreon has a market cap of $521.3 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 3.75 and a short float of 28.9% with 8.42 days to cover. Shares are up 10.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dendreon as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DNDN's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 46.78%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- DNDN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 15.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.8%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- 42.91% is the gross profit margin for DENDREON CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DNDN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DNDN's net profit margin of -98.84% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$45.47 million or 22.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, DENDREON CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 62.62%.
- DENDREON CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DENDREON CORP reported poor results of -$2.65 versus -$2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.74 versus -$2.65).
- You can view the full Dendreon Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts