Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. (NYSE: NSM) (“Nationstar”) received this morning at 11:01 a.m. ET a letter from Benjamin Lawsky, Superintendent of the New York Department of Financial Services. The letter inquires about Nationstar’s servicing portfolio growth and mortgage servicing practices in 2013. It further requests that Nationstar provide the department with information regarding our servicing portfolio, staffing levels, business processes, vendors, 2013 mortgage servicing rights (MSR) acquisitions and borrower letters.
In response, Nationstar’s CEO Jay Bray said, “We intend to comply fully and transparently with Mr. Lawsky’s request, just as we do when working with the dozens of state and federal regulators who oversee our business and industry on a daily basis. We helped more than 100,000 of our 2.3 million customers with loan modifications and other workouts last year, and we refinanced mortgages for more than 60,000 homeowners in 2013 as well. We have a proven track record of helping homeowners succeed and avoid foreclosure, and we welcome the opportunity to share this information with the New York Department of Financial Services.”
About Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc.
Based in Lewisville, Texas, Nationstar offers servicing, origination, and real estate services to financial institutions and consumers. Nationstar is one of the largest servicers in the United States and operates an integrated loan origination business that mitigates servicing portfolio run-off and improves credit performance for loan investors. Our Solutionstar business unit offers asset management, settlement, valuation and processing services. Additional corporate information is available at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV