When asked about the company's finances, Lanphier said Sangamo is cash-flow positive and is very well financed thanks to its strong partnerships.
Lanphier continued that Sangamo's platform will allow for many treatments to be developed, which is why the company plans for an additional four programs to be trials before the end of the year.
Cramer said that while speculative, Sangamo is still an exciting story, and one than can cure a lot of diseases if it's successful.
Executive Decision: Michael Ward
In his second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Michael Ward, chairman, president and CEO of railroad CSX (CSX).Ward painted a very optimistic picture for CSX in 2014. He said that even with $800 million of coal volume lost in the last two years, CSX has still been able to grow its other businesses faster than the decline. One of those other businesses included intermodal cargo, where CSX ships 3.7 million containers a year. Ward said with another nine million containers still out there, the room for growth is significant. Other positives for CSX included a renaissance in chemicals thanks to cheap natural gas, increased oil production in the Bakken shale and a pickup in autos and housing. Yet, throughout all its growth, CSX still maintained the title of safest railroad in the U.S. Cramer said he's still a big believer in CSX.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on DuPont (DD), Whole Foods Markets (WFM), Lockheed Martin (LMT) and Huntington Ingalls (HII). Cramer was bearish on GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT), SunEdison (SUNE) and Incyte (INCY).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV