3 Stocks Underperforming Today In The Consumer Durables Industry
1. As of noon trading, Mattel ( MAT) is down $0.36 (-0.9%) to $37.12 on light volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $37.08-$37.58 after having opened the day at $37.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.47. Mattel, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets various toy products. The company operates in three segments: North America, International, and American Girl. Its products comprise fashion dolls and accessories, vehicles and play sets, and games and puzzles. Mattel has a market cap of $12.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are down 22.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Mattel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mattel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, notable return on equity and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Mattel Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer durables industry could consider Consumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDR ( XLY) while those bearish on the consumer durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts