By late morning, shares had exploded 16.5% to $13.75.
In its third quarter ended January, the Springfield, Mass.-based business recorded net income of 35 cents a share, 6 cents higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast.
Revenue of $145.9 million was a 7.1% year-over-year increase and beat consensus by $3.2 million.The company raised its fiscal 2014 guidance to revenue between $615 million and $620 million. Per-share earnings are expected in the range of $1.39 to $1.42. Analysts had predicted per-share earnings of $1.37 and total sales of $619.63 million. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORP (SWHC) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SWHC Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV