GROTON, Conn., March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded two contract modifications from the U.S. Navy worth a total value of $35.8 million. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the first contract, valued at $19.8 million, Electric Boat will perform advanced submarine research and development studies in support of a wide range of technology areas including manufacturability, maintainability, survivability, hydrodynamics, acoustics and materials. The company will also conduct research and development work in manning, hull integrity, performance, ship control, logistics, weapons handling and safety. The contract supports near-term Virginia-class technology insertion, future submarine concepts and core technologies. Initially awarded in November 2010, the contract has a potential value of $710.6 million over five years.
For the second contract, valued at $16 million, Electric Boat will continue development of the Common Missile Compartment for the U.S. Ohio replacement submarine. The company will procure missile tube long-lead-time material and design and manufacture hardware. Initially awarded in December 2012, the five-year, $1.85 billion contract calls for Electric Boat to perform research and development work for the Navy's next-generation ballistic-missile submarine, which is scheduled to begin construction in 2021. The potential value of the overall contract is $2.3 billion.
More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com.www.gdeb.com SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV