By market open, shares had spiked 10.8% to $35.16.
The aerospace and defense contractor recorded net income of 49 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had anticipated 19 cents a share.
Revenue of $69.2 million, a 47% year-over-year increase, beat consensus by $4.3 million.The Monrovia, Calif.-based business reiterated its guidance for the April-ending fiscal 2014. Revenue is expected between $230 million and $250 million, with earnings of 35 cents to 50 cents a share. Analysts expect full-year revenue of $246.62 million and per-share earnings of 35 cents. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates AEROVIRONMENT INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate AEROVIRONMENT INC (AVAV) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AVAV Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV