Story updated at 10:25 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Nimble Storage was gaining 2.6% to $49.64 in morning trading.
The firm set its price target for Nimble at $53. UBS analysts Steven Milunovich and John Roy said they have high growth expectations for the company, with an emphasis on growth instead of profit."Nimble has a technology edge that may result in it becoming the most successful of the new generation of storage companies," the analysts wrote. "The company can grow at or above 50% for the next 2-3 years given its small share of a $20bn TAM. There are strong similarities to NetApp's (NTAP) file server success that suggest Nimble could be NetApp 2.0. However, the current stock price adequately reflects the bullish outlook, and we initiate at Neutral." Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. NMBL data by YCharts
> STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV