SAN FRANCISCO and SEATTLE, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, and Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA), a global leader in rapid-fire, easy-to-use business analytics software, today announced a strategic alliance to leverage the power of visual analytics and real-time machine data. As part of a joint technology investment, the latest version of Tableau software includes Splunk® Enterprise as a native data source using Splunk's recently launched ODBC driver.
"Tableau is the most widely recognized provider of visual analytics software," said Guido Schroeder, senior vice president of products, Splunk. "Our alliance with Tableau extends the value that Splunk software unlocks in machine data. Using Tableau to visualize structured data with machine data in Splunk will enable people to gain new business insights."
"Splunk leads the market in enabling organizations to collect, index and make searchable machine data from apps, servers, networks, websites and devices in real time," said Chris Stolte, chief development officer and co-founder, Tableau Software. "Our integration lets organizations use our visual analytics software on their machine data in Splunk software. Whether it's to find quick insights or explore machine data, it accelerates new insights for anyone using Tableau and Splunk."
The direct connection between Splunk and Tableau provides the following benefits:
- Makes it easier for Tableau users to visualize machine data and find new insights – Users can now leverage Tableau to visualize machine data from Splunk Enterprise, enabling new business insights from a rapidly growing class of data.
- New source of valuable data now available to more people – People can now access a new source of valuable machine data with Splunk Enterprise. These capabilities are complementary to the real-time and historical visualizations and analytics across large data sets in Splunk Enterprise.
- Correlate machine data with other structured data – The integration enables users to correlate, analyze and visualize machine data with other structured data for advanced business analytics.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts