SAN DIEGO, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxwell Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: MXWL) is expanding its ultracapacitor-based Engine Start Module (ESM) product line to provide the same benefits to class 3 through 6 medium duty trucks that it has been offering previously to class 7 and 8 heavy duty diesel trucks. Consistent with the current ESM product, the new ESM ULTRA 31/900 provides the following features and benefits:
- 900 cold cranking amperes (CCA), or a three-second crank;
- Reliable starting for diesel engines up to 9.9 liters at temperatures -40°C to 65°C (-40°F to 149°F);
- Low maintenance operation and life-of-the-vehicle reliability;
- Industry standard Group 31 battery form factor for easy integration with battery systems;
- Built-in quick charging system (15 minutes or less);
- Extended battery life, full compatibility with existing battery systems; and
- Four year unlimited warranty.
Maxwell's ESM ULTRA 31/900 assumes the starting responsibility for the truck and effectively eliminates cranking problems that come from weak or discharged batteries. Consistent with Maxwell's current award-winning ESM product, the ESM ULTRA 31/900 delivers the quick-burst power trucks need to crank their engines in extreme cold, down to -40°F. The new ESM is rugged and lightweight (16 lbs.). It delivers reliable starts and allows extensive use of lift-gates and buckets while the engine is off without fear of the truck not starting.
"In order to maximize on-time service and deliveries, fleet owners need their medium duty trucks to perform reliably in any conditions," said Jeremy Cowperthwaite, vice president and general manager of Maxwell's Engine Starting Group. "Maxwell's ultracapacitor-based ESM starting solutions are the best options in the market for ensuring engine start reliability while also lowering the overall cost of operations. Now, with the introduction of the ESM ULTRA 31/900, we're extending the same benefits to class 3 through 6 medium duty diesel trucks."
The ESM ULTRA 31/900 is a no-acid, lead-free energy storage solution that weighs less than one-fourth of the Group 31 lead-acid battery it replaces. It stays fully charged even when the truck's lead-acid battery is as low as 9.5V.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV