Why should anyone care about a musty, dusty, dying retailer that Tuesday reported an operating loss of $166 million for a single quarter, a $400 million loss for the full year and a 19% decline in same-store sales. One that also plans to close up to 1,100, or about one-fifth, of its stores.
Especially one that our own Herb Greenberg has a "hate affair" with.
Well, it's like this, kid.(AAPL) defined a retail PC as a TV, typewriter and something like a tape recorder, RadioShack's Tandy brand was in the market with the Tandy RadioShack (TRS)-80, part of the early "trinity" of PC makers alongside Apple and Commodore. My favorite laptop of all time remains the TRS Model 100.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV