HELENA, Mont., March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the Montana Office of Public Instruction (OPI) announced the selection of IBM (NYSE: IBM) and ConnectEDU to build a statewide information solution intended to establish data linkages between K-12 and postsecondary partners. The solution will provide a secure electronic student transcript repository for K-12 education and connect postsecondary data for Montana high school students who enroll in the Montana University System.
The solution will be based on IBM's proven data warehouse/collection approach and tools along with the integration of a transcript system, as part of the ConnectEDU web-based Connect! platform, providing transcript service delivery. Information from the solution will be used to inform policy decisions at the state level, support college and career planning, as well as facilitate the transition for K-12 students to college.
"The Office of Public Instruction's priority is to prepare K-12 students for success in college and careers as they progress through the public school system," said Madalyn Quinlan, Chief of Staff, Montana Office of Public Instruction. "This program will help make the college application process easier for students and families and assist our agency in making informed policy decisions that will increase educational and workforce opportunities for both current and future students."
- Store academic data in a statewide longitudinal data warehouse where educators and district and school administrators can access it to inform policy decisions, track student success, power personalized instruction and influence college and career outcomes
- Support transcript sharing between districts and universities across the state
- Facilitate collaboration between educators, parents, and students in developing an academic, financial, and future career plan that aligns with student aspirations
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts