BASKING RIDGE, N.J., March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Getting travel directions quickly or accessing the web for news and information on the go, texting family and friends, and calling home from the road are examples of some of the most frequent activities of mobile users. All work best on a consistently reliable wireless network that you can count on when and where you want and need it.
Verizon Wireless was the overwhelming network performance leader in the rankings of wireless providers in the United States in the first National RootScore® Report, issued today by Seattle-based RootMetrics®. Verizon Wireless ranked highest in five categories, including the Overall Award Winner in the National RootScore Report and the leader in the state rankings with wins or ties for first place for Overall Performance in 45 states.
"What's most important is that our customers have access to a consistently reliable wireless experience when and where they want it," said Nicola Palmer, Chief Technology Officer of Verizon Wireless. "The most recent RootMetrics report confirms we are meeting and exceeding our throughput brand promise of 5 to 12 Mbps on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink across our footprint, which covers more than 500 markets and 97 percent of the U.S. population."
RootMetrics, an independent mobile analytics firm, said its first national study was designed to characterize the consumer mobile network performance experience at a national and state level, beyond the market-specific reports it has issued up to now, in the most comprehensive mobile network test completed and published by a third-party tester. Scores were based on RootMetrics testing performed in the second half of 2013. The company ranked the four major U.S. wireless providers in six categories: Overall Performance, Reliability, Data, Speed, Call and Text.In the National RootScore® Report, ranking wireless providers' network performance across the U.S., Verizon Wireless was the Overall RootScore Award Winner. Verizon Wireless was also tops in four sub-categories:
- 45 states for Overall Performance (vs. 16 wins/ties for the nearest competitor)
- 46 states for Reliability (vs. 14 wins/ties for the nearest competitor)
- 34 states for Speed (vs. 24 wins/ties for the nearest competitor)
- 40 states for Data
- 47 states for Call
- 40 states for Text
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV