FORT SMITH, Ark., March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- ABF Freight System Inc.®, one of the nation's premier less-than-truckload carriers, announced an increase in general rates and charges effective March 24, 2014.
Rates will increase by about 5.4 percent, although the effect on specific lanes and shipments will vary.
Customers will be able to view the new rates on or before March 24 by accessing abf.com.
With over 90 years of service, ABF Freight enhances supply chain efficiencies and achieves optimum performance by focusing on specific customer needs and customizing innovative solutions. ABF Freight has a strong focus on quality, demonstrated with year-over-year improvements in its claim ratio for 17 consecutive years. The company's resource-rich infrastructure includes an innovative network for regional and national transportation. Its portfolio of services includes expedited and time-critical shipping, white glove pickup and final delivery options, superior trade show expertise and outstanding personal service with a single point of contact, state-of-the-art technology and total end-to-end shipment visibility.ABF Freight System Inc. and its sister company ABF Logistics Inc. are wholly owned subsidiaries of Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq: ABFS). Contacts: Mr. Russ Aikman, Director of Marketing & Public Relations (479) 785-8913 Ms. Kathy Fieweger, VP - Marketing & Corporate Communications, Arkansas Best Corporation (479) 719-4358 SOURCE ABF Freight System Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV