We constructed a list of the five largest retailers aggressively adopting solar power and three leaders in solar production and roll out. IKEA deserves special mention, as they are now selling solar panels to homeowners in the United Kingdom, and, if successful there, will probably expand sales to the US.
Click on the interactive chart to see data over time. Sourced from Zacks Investment Research.
Dig Deeper: Real-Time Opinion: Scan the latest tweets about these companies (feed will open in a new window) Do you think retail stocks will benefit from agressively pursuing alternative energy sources? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Wal-Mart Stores Inc. ( WMT): Operates retail stores in various formats worldwide. Market cap at $243.42B, most recent closing price at $75.13.
2. Walgreen Co. ( WAG): Engages in the operation of a chain of drugstores in the United States. Market cap at $65.59B, most recent closing price at $69.09.
3. Kohl's Corp. ( KSS): Operates department stores in the United States. Market cap at $11.90B, most recent closing price at $55.89.
4. Costco Wholesale Corporation ( COST): Operates membership warehouses that offer a selection of branded and private label products in a range of merchandise categories. Market cap at $51.09B, most recent closing price at $116.65.
5. Macy's, Inc. ( M): Operates department stores and Internet Web sites in the United States. Market cap at $21.20B, most recent closing price at $57.65.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV