SAN DIEGO, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced the management transition of Steve Mollenkopf to chief executive officer and Dr. Paul E. Jacobs to executive chairman of the Board of Directors during the Company's 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. As CEO, Mollenkopf will assume overall responsibility for Qualcomm, including all lines of business and all functional groups in the Company. In his role as executive chairman, Dr. Jacobs will help guide the development of new technology and Qualcomm's long-term opportunities.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/65998-qualcomm-management-mollenkopf-ceo-dr-jacobs-executive-chairman
"I couldn't be more honored and energized to lead the Company through these exciting times," said Steve Mollenkopf, CEO of Qualcomm. "I see numerous opportunities in the coming years for both Qualcomm and the greater industry. Since our founding more than 28 years ago, Qualcomm has been an enabler of the mobile ecosystem and with the support and collaboration of our partners, Qualcomm will continue to push the boundaries of mobile technology."
During Dr. Jacobs' tenure as CEO, he guided the Company through extraordinary growth. The Company's market cap more than doubled, revenues more than quadrupled and GAAP EPS more than tripled. Dr. Jacobs also forged strong collaborations with key global mobile device manufacturers and operators, as well as broadened the mobile ecosystem to key vertical industries. In 2005 when Dr. Jacobs took the title of CEO, Qualcomm was a global Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA)-centric company. Today, Qualcomm is a global wireless company that is driving the mobile ecosystem.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV