After the bell, shares had added 5.5% to $92.
The China-based tech developer posted net income of 60 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast net income of 46 cents a share.
Revenue was up 136% year over year to $101.1 million, compared to consensus of $84.48 million.For the first quarter ending March, management anticipates revenue growth of 98% to 102%, assuming total sales between $100.41 million and $102.43 million. Analysts had anticipated first-quarter revenue of $91.70, growth of 80.8% on the year-ago quarter. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates YY INC -ADR as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate YY INC -ADR (YY) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YY Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV