By midafternoon, shares had added 5.2% to $34.82. Trading volume of 2.4 million was more than double its three-month daily average.
The financial holdings company, which emerged from bankruptcy in May last year, reported net income of $1.49 in the three months to December. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had expected earnings of $1.21 a share.
Total revenue of $166.98 million were higher than consensus of $161.6 million.For the full year, the company earned $10.91 a share on $581.05 million in revenue before expenses and reorganization items. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV