By midafternoon, shares had added 6.3% to $56.52. Trading volume of 1.2 million was more than three times its three-month daily average.
The enterprise software developer reported net income of 16 cents a share and revenue of $83.5 million, a 15.7% year-over-year increase.
Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast net income of 2 cents a share and revenue of $77.36 million.Over its third quarter ending April, the Foster City, Calif.-based business expects net income of a penny a share and revenue between $77 million and 79 million. Analysts expect earnings of 2 cents a share on total sales of $78.8 million. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Dividend Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. The team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate GUIDEWIRE SOFTWARE INC (GWRE) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GWRE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV