MILWAUKEE, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The engine experts at Briggs & Stratton (NYSE: BGG) are making it easier than ever to get your lawn mower ready for spring. From a tune-up kit to an oil evacuation kit to free oil recycling, an engine tune-up for your push lawn mower engine takes only 30 minutes or less. Riding mower engines may require an oil filter or fuel filter, which could add five to 10 minutes to the job.
While many homeowners perform annual tune-ups on their lawn mower engines, there are still many across the country that don't perform this important basic small engine maintenance, putting their equipment at risk.
"Homeowners simply want their lawn mower to start when they need it for that first cut of spring and a simple tune-up can make the difference between a hassle-free start and frustrating trips for service," said Synoilva Shaw, with the Briggs & Stratton marketing department. "While the source of most starting problems is old gasoline, which goes stale in about 30 days, a tune-up can help extend the life of the mower engine and keep it running at peak performance."
Lawn Mower Tune-Up in 4 Easy StepsBriggs & Stratton research shows that tuning up a push mower engine can reduce engine emissions by as much as 30 percent and involves just four easy steps:
- Changing the mower oil
- Replacing the air filter
- Replacing the spark plug
- Adding fuel preservative to the gasoline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV