NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Dish Network has reached a milestone agreement with Walt Disney that will allow the company to stream Disney, ABC and ESPN shows over the Internet. The companies signed a multi-year deal that will allow Dish customers to access Disney shows over a variety of Internet-connected devices. The companies said the deal will put an end to all pending litigation over Dish offerings like AutoHop, which allows customers to skip commercials during recorded shows. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Dish Network (DISH) has reached a milestone agreement with Walt Disney (DIS) that will allow the company to stream Disney, ABC and ESPN shows over the Internet.
The companies signed a multi-year deal that will allow Dish customers to access Disney shows over a variety of Internet-connected devices. The companies said the deal will put an end to all pending litigation between the two, who had been in dispute over Dish offerings like AutoHop, a technology that allows customers to skip ads during shows they've recorded. As part of the agreement, Dish will disable AutoHop for three days following a show's original broadcast.
The deal with Disney opens the door to speculation that Dish will pursue similar agreements with other major programmers. Financial terms were not disclosed.
At last check, shares of Dish were climbing more than 1.3% to $59.67, while shares of Disney were climbing more than 3% to $81.93.
In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet.
Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV