NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- GT Advanced Technologies (GTAT) was climbing higher on Tuesday after Goldman Sachs initiated coverage at a "buy" and as the company's management reiterated its financial guidance.
By late morning, shares had added 7.7% to $16.20.
After the bell Monday, GT Advanced Technologies said it had delayed the filing of its 10-K form, an annual summary of its financial performance as required by the SEC. The company said the delay was because it had not yet completed an internal review of a potential decrease in current tax liability.
Management confirmed the resolution will not have an impact on previously issued guidance and financial results reported on Feb. 24.The SEC permits an extension to file the 10-K by March 18. The New Hampshire-based business said it expects revenue and profitability to be backend loaded in 2014, with its sapphire materials business improving throughout the year. The company expects net income between 2 cents and 18 cents a share for the full year. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast net income of 9 cents a share. Total sales guidance of $600 million to $800 million is in line with consensus of $687.82 million. Must Read: Vipshop Holdings Posts Stellar Fourth Quarter Tuesday Fun-One: From Brands to Blockbusters: 17 Winners and Losers STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV