NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Delta Air Lines (DAL - Get Report) hit an all-time high of $34.19 as of 11:10 a.m. on Tuesday after the company announced that its February consolidated passenger unit revenue rose 4% year over year.
Passenger revenue per available seat mile, or PRASM, is a key indicator of strength within the airline industry. Delta's PRASM in February rose due to strong domestic demand and gains in the trans-Atlantic entity. Delta canceled 8,000 flights during the month as a result of harsh winter weather, and February's PRASM included 0.5 benefit points from those cancellations.
Delta successfully completed 95.5% of its February flights and had an on-time arrival rate of 77.5%. Finally, the company projected a fuel price per gallon of $2.99 to $3.04 for the first quarter.
- Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market, DELTA AIR LINES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 105.63% to $1,131.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 65.82%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 98800.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 133.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DAL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry. The net income increased by 141216.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.00 million to $8,479.00 million.
- DAL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 31.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: DAL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts