Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 3/6/14, Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.31, payable on 3/17/14. As a percentage of HTGC's recent stock price of $15.65, this dividend works out to approximately 1.98%, so look for shares of Hercules Technology Growth Capital to trade 1.98% lower — all else being equal — when HTGC shares open for trading on 3/6/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for HTGC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.31 declared by Hercules Technology Growth Capital:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from HTGC is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 7.92% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of HTGC shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, HTGC's low point in its 52 week range is $11.57 per share, with $17.25 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $15.69.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, HTGC makes up 4.19% of the BDC Income ETF (BIZD) which is trading higher by about 0.1% on the day Tuesday. In Tuesday trading, Hercules Technology Growth Capital shares are currently down about 0.6% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV