MONTRÉAL, March 4, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Valener Inc. ("Valener") (TSX: VNR), the public investment vehicle in Gaz Métro Limited Partnership (Gaz Métro), will hold its annual and special meeting of shareholders on March 25, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. (Montréal time) at the Palais des congrès de Montréal, 159 Saint-Antoine Street West, Room 511A-E, Montréal (Québec).
In addition to the usual annual meeting agenda, which includes the election of directors and appointment of the independent external auditor, shareholders will be asked to vote on a resolution ratifying Advance Notice By-law No. 2 adopted by Valener's Board of Directors.
Shareholders, media and other interested parties who are unable to attend the meeting are invited to listen to a live webcast on Valener's website ( www.valener.com) in the "Investors" section under "Events and presentations". A recording will also be available for 90 days after the meeting.
About ValenerValener owns an economic interest of approximately 29% in Gaz Métro. Valener therefore has a stake in the energy industry and benefits from Gaz Métro's diversified profile, both in terms of geography and business segment. Valener also owns a 24.5% indirect interest in the Seigneurie de Beaupré Wind Farms jointly developed with Gaz Métro and Boralex Inc., with the 272-megawatt Phase I in service since December 2013. Valener's common shares and preferred shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the "VNR" trading symbol for common shares and under the "VNR.PR.A" symbol for Series A preferred shares. www.valener.com. SOURCE Valener Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV